Monday, November 12, 2007

Prime S U S PE C T (blog file-7)

Sunday, August 05, 2007

For a moment, I thought everything was fine. I was about to pay our rent for July. 7k in check plus 2k cash. Naitabi ko na yung pera sa mini-desk ko beside my bed. Nakapaloob sa check yung dalawang 2,000 peso bill. Nung kinuha ko na sa mesa ko.

Kulang ng 1k yung pera.

Hinanap ko sa ilalim ng kama, sa mesa...sa mga drawer...sa ilalim ng kumot...baka naka-ipit sa mga libro...wala. Pero im not even supposed to look for it. BECAUSE I am 145% sure, I put it in my lil can of receipts and payslips sitting comfortably on my bedside desk just 24 hours ago. There's no way in hell ITS SOMEWHERE ELSE because that's my room and anything in there are my personal stuff.
Unless someone took it.

Just a week ago, my 2-yr old niece stayed in our house, parang bakasyon...kasi technically, sa bahay ng mom ko siya nakatira sa Rizal. But she's here and she has grown up to be a kid. Last time I saw her, she was like a worm who tried to mumble words out of her mouth. She's a very smart girl and cute like 'ehem'...Lahat ng tao sa bagay kinkulit niya. Lahat ng tao kinakausap, ginugulo...and she is my number one suspect as well.

Exhibit A:
My niece loves to draw and write stuff. When she's bored and starts to throw tantrums around the house...just give her a pen and paper, and she'll just shut up and start minding her own business. On the day I found out that the money is gone, I saw her pen and 'mini' sketchpad on my lil desk. So it just makes perfect sense that she put her pen and pad on the desk because her attention was drawn into the 'can' where I keep all my receipts and stuff.

Exhibit B:
Right beside my 'receipt-ful' of can is a small jar that contains coins. Lots of them. Yes, Im weird. On the same day that I found out about the vanished money and the 'pen and pad' on my desk, the small jar full of coins is now placed on a different location. Its sitting on top of my cabinet. Now how the hell did it end up there? I did a lilttle probing...found out that my old man slept in my room that night. My niece entered the room and was probably playing with my dad's nose while sleeping or something...then turned her attention to the the coin-jar (sitting beside the can which contains the money), she was probably playing with it so my dad took the jar and placed it somewhere she cant reach.

Exhibit C:
When I was trying to look for the missing 1k bill all over the house, I saw a kiddie-coin saver sa sala. May laman na barya. Yung mga barya na nasa coin-jar ko. Definitely, its my niece.
So here's the problem: a two-yr old kid doesnt know the value of a 1k bill. Where is it? Did she gave it to her mom?

My dad replenished the 1k bill after I reported the incident to him as soon as I found out about it. He said he'll just replace it so we can pay the rent on time, he added that there's no point in trying to search for the culprit. It was done inside the house. Nobody's going to admit it because they're all scared of what I will do the moment I find out.

So I paid the rent the next morning. Pero nagtataka parin ako kung nasan yung 1k bill. Because in our household, that 1k bill could have gone a long way.

No comments: