Monday, November 12, 2007

BABAY NA... (blog file-10)

January of 2006

Yesterday has got to be on top of my "Sentimental Days list". I parted with my 2 month old apartment near DLSU-Taft. It was time to go home. I was never meant to stay in that place. My good 'ol Dad wants me back to keep a watchful eye on my two younger sisters. Lumalaki na raw sila ng walang kuya. Geesh. I never knew I was that important. ME? Being a role model for the youth. What's next? Sam Milby going ugly and getting dumped by girls my age?!

Ok. I must take this separation positively. I must always remember that there are certain things in life that can't be your's permanently. Nothing is. Nothing ever will. Everything in this world has a certain time limit. A pencil, your menstrual period, my PS2's warranty, my dog's life...everything has a 'period' at the end of every story. Normally, I part wth material things with ease. No pain. No tears. No regrets.

But as I picture myself not being there in my apartment for the next few months is like The great Ernie Baron not being with TV Patrol. Its surreal. That pad became a fixture in my everyday life. It became ME.

Here are several reasons why I will miss that pad badly:
1. For two months, I had peace of mind. No little sisters making silly noises that only she and her imaginary friend can understand. No unsolicited advices from elders. No family members trying to use your personal stuff. You can't buy that shit anywhere else.

2. I felt 3 years older. Its like I know how to do everything and anything under the sun.

3. I became a savant in doing household chores. Pwede na ko mag-apply as YAYA.

4. Me an my hommies use that as our 'tambayan' when we go home early from work. We (apat) congest ourselves in my queen size bed and sleep there for about 3 hours tapus naming magbalbunan sa Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

5. I can honestly say: that house never became a 'fuck house'. Swear.

6. 53 steps aways from that house is the best '24 hr Bulalohan' in the archipelago. FOOTSILOG!!! huhuhuhuhu!!

7. My utility bills (water and power combined) never reached the 300 peso mark- every month. To think that I play PS2 7 hours a day, with the fan on, and I have my own water tank that pumps up water 3 times a week.

8. My neighbors. I never had the chance to mingle with them, but the noise they create every morning, when I am just about to sleep will surely be missed. No. Really.

9. The convenience. Imagine living 10 minutes away from your office. Its not just cool-its superscintillatingsensational!

10. Lastly, the beautiful people (ok..GIRLS) that I often see walking down the streets when I come home from work or from somewhere else. What can I do? I live 10 steps away from St.Scholastica, CSB and one minute away from DLSU.

Moving out of the house wasn't that difficult. My hommie PJ helped me big time. Nagdala siya ng CRV para magkasya lahat ng gamit kong mistulang basura. I owe him lunch for that. When I got home, and fixed my things back to my new room. I felt a sudden chill down my spine. Parang natutuwa ako na nalulungkot.

But when I went to the fridge to check out what's happening...wala. Parang gusto ko tuloy lumayas ulit. But for some reason, there's a lonely 'footlong' na nakaistambay sa dining table. Walang gumagalaw. Hindi pa naman inaamag or something. Whew! Sinong nagsabing mami-miss ko pad ko!?
Hehehe!

No comments: